I’d like to thank all of our students for an amazing 2014 of making music.
We’ve got a lot of great things to look forward to in 2015.
• Sunday, February 22nd, 3 p.m. at Jillian’s in the Vista, many of our students will be performing at DOGS ROCK (a benefit for local animal shelter Pets Inc.).
We’ve have three hours of solid family friendly entertainment in a family friendly environment. Jillian’s has great food, an arcade and is a great place to spend the afternoon.
Last year’s event (a tribute to KISS) was featured on KISS’ official website and raised over $2,000 for Pets Inc. We’ll have a silent auction and raffle with lots of great items and 100% of the proceeds to benefit Pets Inc. If you have a business and would like to donate an item to showcase your business, please reach out to us asap. Or if you cannot attend and would still like to make a donation to Pets Inc, we’re trying to help them as much as we can and your tax deductible contribution helps thousands of animals in need in the Midlands.
To date we have given over $60,000 to Pets Inc, as well as items or funds to other great charities including the American Cancer Society, SisterCare, Harvest Hope Food Bank, the Free Medical Clinic, Toys for Tots, the South Kilbourne Neighborhood Association and numerous silent auctions.
• In December the Christopher Gadsden Wells Memorial Scholarship went to two very deserving students who will have their tuition covered for a full year. We thank the Wells family for the generous support and the round of applications will be accepted in November.
• In May we return to Columbia College for our May recitals so let your teacher know NOW if you or your child would like to perform.
• We’ve hired many new amazing teachers to expand our faculty as we surpassed the 1,000 student mark in 2014.
• Hundreds of students received their Musical Ladder wristbands, trophies and certificates (see pictures in this newsletter and on our Facebook page) and hundreds more will receive them this year. I’m hard at work on taking this program to the next level with new enhancements. We are the only school in the Midlands that uses this system and we are very proud of our talented students!
• There are some new faces in the office as we’re expanding our office team to bring you the BEST in customer service. We’ve got some new training and technology coming this year to help us serve you even better.
• There are some BIG announcements coming this year regarding both schools that I can’t talk about yet, so be sure to read your newsletter each month and friend us on Facebook.
• And I’m very, very excited to become a father this Spring. Our daughter is due in March and Valerie and I can’t wait.
Here’s to making music with YOU in 2015!
Bravo recital participants!
Students at the Columbia Arts Academy put on a stellar performance at the Winter Recital held at the University of South Carolina!
Students, parents, and teachers, thank you for all of your hard work and we could not be more proud of you!
Dates for the Spring Recital will be announced soon, so keep an eye on our Facebook page.
We'll hold our next round of recitals in May and they are completely FREE for parents and students. We do not charge participation fees like many other schools in the Midlands.
If you want to perform or would like
for your child to perform in our May recitals, please contact
us ASAP for more information: Columbia 803-787-0931 Lexington 803-996-0623
Refer Your Friends and Win Great Prizes!
Thanks to everyone who referred their friends to the Academy this Fall!
Congratulations to Bridget W. for winning two free tickets to see Varekai at the Colonial LIfe Arena!
WIN TICKETS TO SEE JOURNEY AND THE STEVE MILLER BAND!
Refer your friends to the Academy and if they sign up, we'll enter you AND your friends into our next raffle
so you both can win great prizes including tickets to see Journey and the Steve Miller Band at the Colonial Center. We'll also give you a $25.00 retail certificate to say thanks AND we'll give your friend one as well!
Thank you so much for your referrals.
Congratulations, Daniel W. for making Jazz Band and Honor Band at school!
He studies with instructor Evan Simmons and also attends our Rock Band class.
Pet of the Month
If there is anyting we love almost as much as music, it would be our four-legged friends!
Columbia Arts Academy students Evan and Gabe S. were greeted by their new puppy, Bradley, on Christmas morning. Looks like they are already the best of friends!
Evan studies guitar with instructor Max Hardy and Gabe takes piano with instructor Stephanie Bova.
Do you play music for your pets? Send us a picture and we'll put you in the newsletter or on our Facebook page!
Please welcome the new students
who enrolled at our schools in December!
Is YOUR Teacher Sold Out?
Teachers With Waiting Lists.
Many teachers have sold out. If you need a schedule change or would like to be added to a waiting list for a particular teacher, day or time, please contact any of our office staff team and they can add you to the waiting list. If you are not a student yet there are still limited lessons spots available. To inquire about openings for January or February send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Or you can call the Columbia office 803-787-0931, Lexington office at 803-996-0623.
Evan Simmons • Tuesdays: ONE SPOT LEFT.
Jason Summers • Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays: SOLD OUT. Fridays: ONE SPOT LEFT.
Will Ashley • Mondays & Fridays: SOLD OUT. Thursdays: TWO SPOTS LEFT.
Lewis Taylor. • Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays: SOLD OUT.
Brett Floyd • ALL TIMES SOLD OUT.
Garrett Glover •Thursdays: TWO SPOTS LEFT.
Lucas Johnson • Tuesdays & Wednesdays 3-8:30pm: TWO SPOTS LEFT.
Max Hardy • Mondays: ONE SPOT LEFT. Tuesdays SOLD OUT.
Mike Schaming • ALL TIMES SOLD OUT.
Wes Pellerin • Mondays: ONE SPOT LEFT. Thursdays & Saturdays: SOLD OUT.
Jennifer Pollins • Mondays: ONE SPOT LEFT. Thursdays & Fridays SOLD OUT.
Neil Ostenfeld • Sundays & Tuesdays: SOLD OUT. Thursdays: ONE SPOT LEFT.
Nikea Randolph • Mondays: SOLD OUT. Saturdays: TWO SPOTS LEFT.
Peter Rich • Mondays: ONE SPOT LEFT.
Stephanie Bova • Sundays: 1-4:30pm ONE SPOT LEFT. Tuesdays: ONE SPOT LEFT.
Lisa Churchya • Tuesdays: ONE SPOT LEFT. Fridays: SOLD OUT.
Michael Thomas • Sundays: ONE SPOT LEFT. Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays: SOLD OUT.
Megan Miller • Mondays & Wednesdays: SOLD OUT. Tuesdays & Thursdays: TWO SPOTS LEFT.
CELEBRATING STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT!
Voice Student Molly E. earns her "Apprentice" award. She studies with instructor Megan Miller.
Guitar Student Joshua V. earns his "Rock Star" award. He studies with instructor Zach Bingham.
Voice Student Jayden S. with her instructor, Megan Miller, as she earns her "Rock Star" award.
Drums Student Jamison G. earns his Musical Ladder "Apprentice" Award. He studies with instructor Evan Simmons.
Voice and Piano Student Thomas D with his instructor, Johnnie Felder, as he earns his Musical Ladder "Apprentice Award"
Students at the Columbia Arts Academy & Lexington School of Music who pass their ‘Musical Ladder Tests’ get wristbands, certificates and trophies. Hundreds of students of all ages passed their tests and you can see the well deserved smiles on their faces. We are so proud of them!